Dr. Chris at Dogwood Veterinary Clinic is a skilled vet in Louisville, KY, with a team of skilled veterinary nurses and assistants. He is one of the few vets to offer affordable veterinary care in Louisville.
Signs your cat needs to go to the veterinarian
Regular check-ups can help catch early signs of disease in your pet and can keep your four-legged friend in good health. However, if your cat exhibits the following symptoms, you must take it to an animal clinic in Louisville at the earliest. They are:
- Signs of distress - If you find your cat howling or crying, it is a cause for concern. Similarly, if you find your cat hiding or acting weirdly, it is important to take him to a vet for a consultation.
- Abnormal litter box behavior - Some cats suffer from a condition called urinary obstruction, which can have fatal consequences. If your cat urinates outside the litter box, cries while urinating, produces very little urine, etc., you must take her to a doctor immediately.
- Repeated vomiting - While occasional vomiting in felines is normal if your cat vomits persistently, does not eat, drink, or use the litter box like it normally would, it is a medical emergency.
Besides these, if your cat exhibits signs of fatigue, changes in appetite, a lump or unusual growth, coughing, etc., you must take prompt medical action. By offering your pet with timely care, you can improve the outcome of your feline's condition and help him feel better soon. Dr. Chris is an emergency veterinarian in Louisville, KY, and we are open 24/7.
Medical emergencies in cat
We are a fully-equipped animal clinic in Louisville, and we specialize in offering emergency care for cats and dogs. Make sure to rush your cat to the nearest veterinary clinic, if you spot any of the following signs:
- Trauma (falling from a height, accident, etc.)
- Difficulty in breathing, seizures, and unconsciousness
- Blue, white, and pale gums
- Dizziness, circling, and inability to walk
- Profuse bleeding, imbalance, and exposure to a poisonous substance
Besides these symptoms, if you find your cat crying or acting aggressively when touched, she may be in severe pain. Also, if your cat's body temperature rises above 104 or falls below 99, rush her to the nearest emergency care. Dr. Chris and Dr. Katie are two of the best Louisville veterinarians with hundreds of positive reviews and several professional accolades.
Common diseases in canines
Some of the common canine diseases include rabies, distemper, parvovirus, hepatitis, parainfluenza, bordetella, and leptospirosis. These diseases occur as a result of bites from infected animals, contact with secretions from an infected dog, exposure to contaminated feces or contaminated water, ticks, etc. Dr. Chris holds the top spot in the list of best veterinarians in Louisville, KY, for his skills in treating common diseases in small animals.
Call Dogwood Veterinary Clinic today to schedule an appointment for your feline or canine. Our vet in Louisville, KY, Dr. Chris, is an experienced and compassionate doctor that offers the best veterinary services at affordable prices.Vet Louisville Ky